Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Video Game Mapping in Real Life



































For my last art project, I would like to experiment with video game maps and find locations, particularly in the Bay Area, San Francisco for example, that may have a similar relationship in terms of its features, space, scale, and context. With the video game map, I would like to create a story about my experience in a particular video game in correlation with the chosen locations that I have visited or lived through my entire life as of now.

The first image on the top is the entire world map from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages for the Game Boy Color. I have personally played this game when it was released in 2001 and fondly remember my experiences at the time, from being in school to the day I received this game after Christmas, I feel that there is a trigger when a certain object comes to our minds or physical touch and we somehow revert to our past memories.

The image below the video game map is a map of the Bay Area of San Francisco, which I was born and raised through my entire life. I am considering creating a story of my life that would somehow relate to the video game mentioned, which most of their storyline entails a working-class person (Link) who happens to stumble upon an epic quest to save a princess (Zelda).

No comments:

Post a Comment